Most people have a bottle of apple cider vinegar tucked away in the cupboard, but aside from its uses as a great salad dressing apple cider vinegar holds some remarkable health benefits. In this official top ten guide we will explain exactly how you and your family can take advantage of some of the great health properties ACV has to offer.
Can i use any apple cider vinegar?
The simple answer to this is no, during the process of pasteurization apple cider vinegar is heated to extreme temperatures. This kills of any harmfull bacteria but also destroys the healthy enzymes in the vinegar that give it its unique benefits. These beneficial enzymes are commonly refereed to as the mother and can be seen floating in the vinegar with its cob web like structure.
In order to reap the health benefits you must look for the Unfiltered / un pasteurized products which are commonly available in all good health food stores.
What can ACV help me with?
- Diabetes : A spoon full of vinegar helps the blood suger go down. Strage as it might seem including apple cider vinegar in your diet may help to balance your blood sugar levels. Carol Johnston, Ph.D. published a article in the Annal of Nutrition and Metabolism in January 2010, Confirming that regular use of apple cider vinegar had a positive effect on people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
- Lower your colesterol: If you or some one you know had recently been informed the your cholesterol is in the danger zone and your doctors first port of call is to prescribe you yet another pill to add to your daily routine , fear not ACV can help Simply by taking one shot of apple cider vinegar a day you will effectively reduce your cholesterol levels in next to no time.
- Arthritis & Rheumatic conditions: Apple cider vinegar contains a hole host of minerals including phosphorus, magnesium, calcium & potassium. Mineral deficiency is known to worsen joint pain, so making sure your diet includes sources of these minerals is essential when looking to reduce joint pain. As well as this, apple cider vinegar is a great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory helping to reduce pressure in your joints.
- Bumps Bits and grazes : ACV is a great natural anti septic, its worth keeping a small amount in your first aid kit over summer as it can soothe bug bits and skin allergies almost instantly.
- Detox : The high levels of potassium in apple cider vinegar work like a clarifying tonic on the body. It’s known to clear up candida and sinus infections as well as sore throats and allergies.
- Digestion and Food Poisoning : Apple cider vinegar works great for people suffering from acid reflux or food poisoning. this is due to a substance called malic acid, it works buy neutralizing your bodies PH levels.
- Help with sleep : Although there is no scientific evidence backing this up, many people swear by a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with honey before bed as a great way of inducing sleep and promoting a restful nights sleep.
- Weight loss : Apple cider vinegar wont replace eating well and exercise but some natural health experts claim that its unique enzymes and soluble fibre can aid in fat metabolism.