Hi guys today I am going to show you guy’s how to make a simple vinaigrette or salad dressing and I assure you this is both simple and very delicious.
1. Start off with one clove of garlic diced as finely as you can get it, to the garlic add a small pinch of coarse salt. Using the side of your knife start to rake through the garlic. What this will do is turn it into a paste that will help the flavor to disperse throughout the vinaigrette.
- Next we add around a tablespoon of whole grain or Dijon mustard, what this dose for the vinaigrette is that it gives it some very nice flavor and it helps to maintain the emulsification.
- Next up is honey I have a definite sweet tooth and think a slight hint of honey works great in salad dressings. I also add a little black pepper and give it a good mix
- Next we add four ounces of apple cider vinegar, you can use any vinegar you like but I think the ACV tastes just great and is well worth trying out. At this point you have all the ingredients apart from one and that’s olive oil.
- As you add the olive oil it’s very important to go very slowly while mixing the dressing the whole time, I sometimes even use a blender for this as it helps with emulsification.
That’s it so simple, so tasty and so quick. Try it yourself today.